The new features and functions of the GPX 4800 take gold detecting
to the next level!
The GPX 4800 features Minelab's exclusive Multi Period Sensing (MPS),
Dual Voltage Technology (DVT) and Smart Electronic Timing Alignment
(SETA). Building on the strengths of its predecessor the GPX 4800 also
offers some of the features found in the high performance GPX 5000.
New improved electronics, new Soil/Timings and a huge range of features
combined with the legendary GPX ability to ‘see through ground’
mineralisation, gives you a significant Depth Advantage over other detectors.
Using unique features, functions and industry leading patented technology
ensure the GPX 4800 will run smooth and quiet in even severe ground
conditions, whilst still maintaining excellent depth and sensitivity
to gold nuggets. Serious detectorists know that GPX detectors find gold
much deeper than ANY other detector, in ALL ground conditions. That's
why we are confident to say we have the GPX Depth Advantage.
With the new Coin/Relic Timing and an improved Enhance Timing, the
6 Timings available on the GPX 4800 change the digital switching and
processing of the electronics in the detector. Each Timing has been
designed for optimum performance under certain conditions, so it is
like having a different detector each time you select a new Timing.
Also great for the specialist relic and jewellery hunter who demands
the best, and wants to recover targets deeper than ever before.
Easy for the beginner through to the professional - you can switch
on and go with three factory preset Search Modes and automatic functions.
* MPS, DVT & SETA Technology delivers to you the most technologically
advanced detector yet making small hard to hear nuggets more obvious.
* New Timings it's like having 6 detectors in 1 enabling you to find
more gold in more ground conditions. In addition to five of the timings
found on the previous model the GPX 4800 introduces the new Coin/Relic
* Coin/Relic Timing is the deepest ever for benign ground conditions.
* Improved Enhance Timing for more depth
* Improved electronics for increased target sensitivity and ground balance
* Three preset Search Modes gives you easy switch on and go detecting.
All three General, Deep and Hi-Mineral Search Modes can be modified
to your personal favourite settings
* Automatic Ground balance options make it easy to adjust the detector
to suit all ground conditions. e.g. (Fixed, Tracking, Tracking speed,
Ground Balance Type, Quick-Trac button).
* Audio adjustments to maximize target signals for your personal hearing
ability e.g. (Threshold, Tone, Audio Type, Signal Peak, Target Volume,
Volume limit, Stabilizer ).
* Iron Reject adjustable to suit the iron trash level where you are
* Motion control, adjustable to match your sweep speed and optimize
* Tune (also known as Noise Cancel) Automatic and Manual options to
minimize electrical interference.
* Rx Gain adjustment for adjusting sensitivity.
* Backlight so that you can read the LCD menu in any light, allowing
you to detect day or night. the back light also has an adjustable timeout
to help preserve battery power.
* Lightweight Li-ion Battery with inbuilt Speaker Booster capability
* One coil as standard: 11” Double-D coil.
* Languages: English, Spanish, Russian & Arabic (manual only)
Application Gold Prospecting & Deep Relic
Technology MPS, DVT & SETA
Frequency/Transmission Bi-Level, Advanced Pulse Induction
Coil (standard) 11" Round Double-D.
Audio Output 6.35mm (1/4") headphone/speaker jack.
Headphones Supplied Koss 100 ohm headphones.
Visual Display 64 x 128 pixels, transflective with white backlight.
Backlight Yes with adjustable automatic 'time-out'.
USB Connectivity -
Memory Setting changes saved automatically and remain until changed
or reset. Factory Presets can be restored on start-up.
Depth Indication - Detect Modes General, Deep & Hi-Mineral (all
Discrimination Iron Reject: range 1 to 10 & Off (All Metal).
Timings Normal, Sensitive Extra, Enhance, Sharp, Coin/Relic & Salt-Coarse
Audio tone Variable Control 1 to 100.
Audio Type Quiet, Normal & Deep.
Ground Balance Automatic Ground Balance, Fixed & Tracking: Slow,
Medium & Fast. Quick-Trak button.
Ground Balance Type General & Ground Balance Off.
Trash Density -
Sensitivity Adjust Rx Gain 1 to 15.
Tune / Noise Cancel Automatic & Manual 0 to 255.
Threshold Adjustable turn control.
Target Volume Adjust Target Volume 1 to 20. Volume Limit 1 to 20.
Battery Lithium-ion rechargeable battery 68Wh with in-built amplifier
for speaker use. Approx. 12 Hours use. Supplied with mains and vehicle
Low battery alert Audio alert.
Length 1100mm (43.3”) to 1300mm (51.2”).
Weight 2.4kg (5.3lbs) including 11” coil (excluding battery and
accessories). Battery weight 780g (1.7lbs).
Warranty 3 years control box & coil.